Indian Television Actors & Actresses: Pay & Earnings Facts
Check the updated list for Top 10 Highest Paid TV Serial Actors and Actresses – 2013
Below are some interesting facts about Remuneration & Earnings of Indian Television Actors & Actresses
- Television actors charge on a per-day basis.
- Contrary to the world of films, television is a medium where disparity between men and women does not exist. An actor like Sakshi Tanwar commands the same remuneration as her counterpart Ram Kapoor in the hugely popular television show Bade Achche Lagte Hain.
- When Smriti Irani quit Kyunki Saas…, she drew Rs 60,000 an episode, which was probably the highest remuneration at that time.
- Avika Gor, who played the young Anandi in Balika Vadhu, earns Rs 35,000 a day.
- A range of top actors like Ram Kapoor, Sakshi Tanwar, Meghna Malik and Mona Singh draw a fee of Rs 60,000-1 lakh per day.
- Television actors have also started endorsing products. Sakshi Tanwar, Priyal Gor, Ronit Roy, Shweta Tiwari and Ritwik Dhanjani have been getting brand endorsements offers. Popular television faces have a visibility on television which is 100 times more than a film star, and the cost works out to one hundredth of the remuneration of film stars.
- Sakshi Tanwar, who is estimated to be earning about Rs 75,000 a day and shooting about 15 to 20 days a month for her serial, earns in lakhs through product endorsements.
- Newcomers on television start with a salary of Rs 2,500 per day and as per contract are entitled to a 10% hike every year. This can vary and it depends on the popularity of the serial. If both the serial and the character are appreciated, the salaries are doubled. At times, the actor demands a hike and threatens to quit if not given the same.